Position Summary: Duties may include, but are not limited to being responsible for answering and transferring calls on a multiline phone system, copying, faxing, accurate filing, mail processing, retrieving EOBs, data entry, obtaining information, performing follow up calls and other duties as assigned.
Education/Experience Required: Minimum of High School Diploma or GED, strong written and verbal skills, ability to proofread documents for accuracy, excellent organizational skills, ability to: work independently, stay on task, learn, and utilize new skills as needed. Must be able to operate standard office equipment. Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs: i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook. Additional duties as assigned by management.
Preferred : Minimum of one year office assistant experience.
Working Relationships/Contact: The Reimbursement Assistant will report to various Managers and Supervisors as needed.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Understands and provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Completes assigned work in an efficient and timely manner
- Assists team in obtaining information
- Adapts to and demonstrates the ability to deal with the frequent changes in the work environment
- Responsible for complete and accurate data entry
- Has basic understanding of software applications used by company
- Exhibits a professional, respectful and positive attitude towards clients (current and potential), teammates, and management
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize, multitask and utilize time efficiently
- Demonstrates the ability to clearly, accurately and concisely document notes in system per company guidelines
- Effectively identify and communicate to supervisor when assistance is needed (including, but not limited to system function, training, etc.)
- Proficiency in the knowledge of services offered by the company
- Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding patient and company confidentiality (HIPAA)
- Promotes company culture by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Accepts constructive criticism and makes changes to accommodate the need
- Is a self starter and takes initiative to learn