Position Summary: Responsible for managing all aspects of the reimbursement department to ensure that the financial goals of the company and department are met or exceeded. Communicates effectively and in a timely manner regarding suggestions for improvement to the receivables. Is responsible for the timely completion of all reports and processes as required by Company. Has responsibility for meeting cash, aging and DSO goals as established by the company
Education/Experience Required: Minimum: College degree or related work experience. Five years prior experience in a receivables management role, three years of Infusion billing experience, knowledgeable of basic accounting principles, working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and Third Party Insurance reimbursement guidelines, competency with Microsoft Office software, excellent attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment.
Preferred : BS in business or accounting field, Management training or degree
Reports to: Company Director and or President
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Interviews and makes hiring decisions for all open Supervisor positions within the reimbursement department. Reviews all final candidates for staff positions within dept.
- Complete Performance Reviews and sets goals based on employee improvement needs for all Direct Reports within department
- Counsel and/or discipline the Reimbursement Staff as needed
- Act as mentor in terms of morale, customer interaction (internal and external) job performance, work ethics, ambition, initiative, attitude and company loyalty.
- Oversee the approval and tracking of personnel time off within the Reimbursement Department as well as oversee the Employee audits for tardiness, and excessive absenteeism
- Hold regular monthly meetings to keep the staff and team leads informed of company or department changes
- Work on a daily basis with other department managers to ensure proper process flows between departments and suggest areas of improvement that will enhance the ability to ensure clean receivables
- Speaks knowledgeably of the products and services offered by Company
- Sets standard of performance goals for the department in terms of quantity and quality for staff and report results monthly
- Manages quarterly review of department personnel to assess out put results and effectiveness of managing their accounts
- Has an excellent understanding of software applications utilized by the company
- Assist reimbursement staff with complex accounts receivable issues; interact with payers financial executives as needed, negotiate settlements and implement payment plans as required
- Achieves or exceeds DSO and other financial goals as set by Company